I’ve always liked DC superheroes more than those of Marvel and this was the reason behind my desire to see all those superheroes getting their own movies. DC Universe seems much more diverse than Marvel‘s but they were lacking behind in the movie department.
Yesterday, Warner Bros created a frenzy among superhero movie fans by announcing multiple DC Comics superhero movie. Apart from DC movies, they also announced The Lego movie sequels and Harry Potter spinoffs. Ten new DC comics movies will hit theaters between 2016 and 2020. With this announcement, DC and Marvel’s Ultimate Battle has officially started.
Ten DC Comics movies are as follows-
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
- Suicide Squad, directed by David Ayer (2016)
- Wonder Woman, starring Gal Gadot (2017)
- Justice League Part One, directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, and Amy Adams (2017)
- The Flash, starring Ezra Miller (2018)
- Aquaman, starring Jason Momoa (2018)
- Shazam (2019)
- Justice League Part Two, directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
- Cyborg, starring Ray Fisher (2020)
- Green Lantern (2020)
Warner Bro’s confirmed the production of three Harry Potter spin-offs. These will be based on JK Rowling’s original Harry Potter series . These movies will release in 2016, 2018 and 2020, and will be directed by David Yates.
- Fantastic Beasts
- Where To Find Them (2016, 2018 and 2020)
The three Lego movies will be released over the next four years – Ninjago in 2016, directed by Charlie Bean; The Lego Batman Movie in 2017, directed by Chris McKay; and The Lego Movie 2 in 2018.
- Ninjago in 2016, directed by Charlie Bean
- The Lego Batman Movie in 2017, directed by Chris McKay
- The Lego Movie 2 in 2018.