We have a wide range of options when it comes to Linux distributions. However, if we talk specifically about operating systems that have ethical hacking tools, BlackArch Linux is one of the most popular ones.
Now, BlackArch Linux OS has received its first release for the upcoming 2020 and the new version brings more than 120 new tools at our disposal.
BlackArch Linux OS 2020.01.01: What’s New?
The first ISO release of BlackArch Linux for 2020 is here and, as expected, all system packages are up to date. The new ISOs and OVA image for BlackArch Linux have been released with new tools and several improvements.
It has more than 120 new penetration testing and ethical hacking tools and is powered by Linux Kernel 5.4.6. BlackArch Linux 2020.01.01 release features an updated installer that comes with improvements and bug fixes for better hardware detection and support.
Here are the other important additions in brief:
- Added support for the Terminus font to lxdm
- Fixed the annoying “the tools cannot be opened via …” message bug
- blackarch-installer installer updated to version 1.1.34
- Updated Urxvt configuration, adding support to resize at the same time
- In Vim, pathogen has been replaced with Vundle.vim
- New plugin named clang_complete added
- All packages have been updated and repaired, including BlackArch Linux tools, their packages (including config files)
- All system packages and Windows Manager menus (awesome, fluxbox and openbox) updated
Download BlackArch Linux OS 2020
BlackArch Linux OS 2020.01.01 is available for download right now from the official website as live and NetInstall ISO images. OVA images are also available for those who want to run the operating system on QEMU, VirtualBox, or virtual machines.
But existing users don’t need to download the new ISO and updating their installation would upgrade the operating system.