Although YouTube allows some of its videos for downloading and offline viewing, using third-party apps to download YouTube videos is against their terms.
YouTube Terms of Service explicitly mentions that users shouldn’t download content unless a download button or link is shown by YouTube on a particular service.
Moreover, one is not allowed to download or make copies of copyrighted content. If caught doing so, one can theoretically face trial or a fine. Although YouTube has never lashed on a user for downloading copyrighted content using a video downloader, the activity regardless is illegitimate.
Despite the risks, if you desire to download YouTube videos then here are some of the best Android apps to satisfy your needs.
By default, Android blocks the installation of apps that are not from the Google Play Store. So before you proceed any further, you need to enable app installation from other sources. To allow it, go to Settings > Security. Tap on “Unknown sources.” A warning will pop up. Press OK.
9 Best Android Video Downloaders For YouTube
1. YouTube Go
YouTube Go is one of the lightweight Android apps from Google intended for low performing smartphones. However, users seeking to download YouTube videos for free and legally can use it to their benefit.
Unlike a regular YouTube app that only shows the download button on selected videos and prompts you to subscribe to YouTube Premium for complete access, YouTube Go isn’t crippled by such restrictions.
The YouTube Video Downloader also lets you share videos of high quality without the internet. The only limitation of this app is that it doesn’t let you grab videos from other services like Instagram, Facebook, etc.
Videoder is a powerful YouTube video downloader for Android. You can choose from various sites to download the videos, such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
It allows streaming and downloading of videos in all formats available. You can easily choose from any quality you prefer, and can also share the video from within the app. The app is customizable and comes with an impressive UI. It helps you with a faster downloading speed and also packs different themes, night mode, built-in video player, etc.
Videoder is not available in the Play Store, but you can download the app for free from its official site and install it on your phone. It has no in-app purchases but contains ads. However, you can remove the ads if you buy the Videoder Premium plugin from Play Store. It all depends on your personal choice if you’re comfortable with ads or you wish to have a cleaner experience.
Download YouTube videos on Android using Videoder
- Open YouTube in the app.
- Search for the video.
- Tap on the download button and select the download link that pops up. You can choose the video format you want and also download the video in MP3 format.
- Alternatively, you can share a video on the YouTube app to Videoder and the download link will pop-up.
Also Read: Free Best Movie Streaming Sites
TubeMate is another best app to download youtube videos. It has an elegant interface that is easy to use, and you can download videos from multiple video sharing sites. It comes with a built-in browser where you can access the sites you want. You can download the video from the preferred site.
TubeMate also offers you the option to choose the quality and file format of the video before downloading it. The downloaded videos are stored in your phone memory automatically.
You can opt to download Youtube videos in MP3 format too, but it requires an additional video to MP3 converter app. Overall, TubeMate is an excellent video downloader for Android, but you have to deal with a lot of intrusive advertisements
Download videos using TubeMate
- Open the app and visit the video-sharing site.
- Pick your desired video from the search results. TubeMate will prompt you for the quality of the video you want.
- After selecting the quality and resolution of the video, you can tap the download button.
- You can also share videos to Tubemate from the YouTube app to view a download link.
Also read: Best Android Video Player Apps
KeepVid is one of the best Android video downloaders and one of the most popular ones around. This video downloader can download YouTube videos with faster speed compared to other video downloaders and also enables users to download videos from 27 other video sharing sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.
KeepVid has a very easy-to-use interface. It allows users to download HD videos up to 4K resolution and also has a built-in video and audio player. You can even download Youtube videos as MP3 without any external plug-in.
Download YouTube videos on Android using KeepVid
- Open YouTube in the app and search for the video.
- Select the video and tap on the blue download button beneath the video player
- Select the quality of the file, and your video will be saved automatically.
The app is entirely free and does not contain in-app purchases or malware. However, it displays ads and to remove it you can buy the premium version.
Snaptube is a trustworthy video downloaders that enable users to downlaod YouTube videos for free. It has a user-friendly interface that is organized by popular sites, popular videos and categories. You can also perform a Youtube search directly from its search bar.
Snaptube also acts as a fast Android YouTube downloader, and you can choose the quality of the video before downloading it. You can also share the downloaded videos on Facebook, Twitter, etc. from within the app.
The downloaded videos are saved automatically in your device storage, and you can also view the downloaded files organized into music and video categories.
Download videos using Snaptube
- Open the app and select the YouTube mobile site from its Homepage.
- Search for the video in the YouTube search bar.
- Select the video and tap on the red download button displayed on the right side of the video.
- Choose the quality of the video, and your video will start downloading.
You can download the Snaptube application from its official site. It is available for free with no in-app purchases but contains ads.
InsTube is an another best YouTube Video Downloader for Android. It can also download videos from other popular sites like Instagram, Twitter, Vimeo, etc. The app is a reliable one and delivers fast downloading speed.
You can choose the quality of Youtube videos before downloading it. You can even share the YouTube videos from within the Youtube app to InsTube.
Moreover, InsTube is highly-customizable, you can add bookmarks and also create private space to hide any video if you desire.
Grab online videos on Android using InsTube
- Launch the app and visit your desired website.
- Search for the video you wish to download and tap on the desired video.
- Tap on the red download button and choose the quality of the video.
- Tap on “fast download” and your video will start downloading.
The only drawback of the app is that you have to deal with ads that keep popping up, and there is no way to remove the ads.
7. VidMate App
VidMate is a remarkable Android video downloader app. The app is very reliable to download YouTube videos. You can look for files based on different categories such as movies, music, tv show, or directly search for any files from its Search-Bar.
VidMate provides you with a fast video downloading speed, but you can also customize the rate and select the preferred download location within its download settings.
Additionally, the app includes a built-in video player, music player, and you can also create an encrypted space within the app to hide videos.
Get videos on Android using VidMate
- Launch the app and tap on the YouTube mobile site in the app.
- Search for the video you want to download and tap on the red download button on the content.
- Select the quality of your video and tap the “Download” option. Your video will start downloading.
8. YT3 Youtube Downloader
It is a very simple Android YouTube video downloader where you can download YouTube videos in MP3 and MP4 formats. It has a user-friendly interface that is quite easy to operate. A preview button lets you have a peek at a song before you download it.
It allows faster downloading speed and everything that you download will get saved in the Download folder. Moreover, it shows lyrics as you listen to music. Also, you can download either low or high-quality video. This app downloads music and videos only from Youtube.
Download YouTube videos using YT3 Downloader
- Open the app and search for the video you want to download.
- Select the MP3 or MP4 download file option which is shown on the right side of the video. You can also have an audio preview before you download it.
- You can also share a video from Youtube app to YT3 downloader to download it.
NewPipe is an open-source Android application that can be used to grab the content. It’s worth mentioning that this lightweight download doesn’t use any proprietary YouTube API or Google’s Play services.
NewPipe aims to provide original YouTube app experience to its users without displaying any annoying ads. It is an open-source application with a very intuitive interface. The best thing about this application is the background player that enables you to play any YouTube songs in the background while you use other apps.
Some of the notable features of NewPipe include:
- Search for videos
- Watch, Listen, and Download YouTube video
- Open Video in Kodi
- Tor/Orbot, 1080p/2k/4k support available
- Subtitles, playlist, queuing, history support
Video downloading is very straightforward and provides fast downloading speed. It offers you different file formats and resolutions for downloading YouTube videos and audios. Moreover, the app ensures privacy as it does not save any user data nor use any services that analyze your usage behavior. Its other remarkable features include channel subscriptions, video pop-up mode, 4K support, multiple themes, etc. It is lightweight and free with no in-app purchases or ads.
How to download YouTube videos on Android using NewPipe
- Install the application.
- Open the app and search for the video you want to download in the search bar.
- Click your desired video from the search results.
- Tap on the download button and select the quality and format of the file. You can also edit the filename.
- Click OK, and your download link will be generated automatically.
You can download the NewPipe app from F-Droid. You can also download the app directly but installing F-Droid will ensure that you get the updates as well.
Last but not the least, YMusic — an Android app for downloading YouTube videos that also enable users to play YouTube videos in the background.
Within the Android app, users can go through the trending YouTube videos as well as popular music hits. Users can change the video speed, keep a sleep timer while playing a video.
The YMusic Video Downloader app enables users the download full HD YouTube videos, however, restricts users on a single file type (MP4). Meanwhile, users will also find Mp3 links of YouTube videos in mp3, and m4a format.
The Android app’s biggest shortcoming is that it does not allow users to watch the video but only listen to the audio, and users will have to download the video to overcome the hurdle.
Did you find this list of best Android video downloaders to be helpful? Share your views in the comments.
Also Read: Free & Best Android Video Editor Apps