A new industrial grade single board computer dubbed the Banana Pi BPI-F2S has been launched and is now available for purchase at $58.
This SBC has been specially made for industrial, IoT, and smart audio applications and is powered by SunPlus SP7021 “Plus1” processor with four Cortex-A7 cores at 1.0 GHz. It has one ARM9 real-time core, one 8051 I/O core to handle I/Os, and a built-in 128/512MB DDR3 RAM.
For storage, Banana Pi BPI-F2S has an 8GB eMMC flash and a microSD card slot. Here’s the rest of the specs list:
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 output
- Camera I/F – MIPI CSI connector
- Connectivity – two 10/100M Ethernet
- USB – two USB 2.0 host ports, one micro USB port
- Power Supply – 12VDC via power barrel jack
- 40-pin GPIO header compatible with Raspberry Pi header
- two 50-pin FPGA interface for Trenz Electronic TE0725LP-01-100-2D Artix 7 FPGA board
- Debugging – 3-pin header for UART console, 10-pin JTAG header, SWD ICE port
- Security – TPM 2.0 via ST33TPH2EI2C secure element
Apart from these, there is a power switch, reset button, and a boot selection dip switch.
On the software front, Banana Pi BPI-F2S has Linux 4.19.37 (Github) along with Debian 10 Buster and Fedora 31 Mate firmware. For more detailed information, you can refer to the other resources mentioned on Wiki.