Apple allegedly slowed down its old iPhone variants via an update in 2017 to keep up the battery performance. The company had to face severe backlash from users and authorities alike. Now, Apple has been ordered to compensate for the same by paying $25 to iPhone 6, 7, and SE users who were troubled due to the deliberate slowdowns.
A website has been launched on which you can file for compensation. However, if you have decided to go the hearing then you can exclude yourself from the reimbursement thing from the same website. It is completely your decision that whether you want the compensation or you want to go to the hearing.
How To Get $25 from Apple for your slowed down iPhone?
1. Visit the official website smartphoneperformancesettlement.com
2. Now tap on the “Submit a claim form online or in the mail“
3. You will be redirected to a new page and will be asked to fill the serial number of your iPhone 6, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus or SE.
4. To get the serial number of your iPhone, you can go to Settings >> General >> About.
5. You will also have the option to locate your serial number by entering your Apple ID, device type, first name, last name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code.
6. After submitting your serial number, you will be eligible to get the $25 compensation by Apple.
You have to keep it in mind that the last date to make your claim is October 6, 2020. After the mentioned date, no claims will be entertained. Apple has officially announced to pay a maximum of $500 million to all the iPhone users who suffered from the batterygate issue. With the amount, the company will compensate for almost 20 million iPhones.