After making its new Android 10 operating system official for all of us, Google (as a new ritual) has now announced the stripped-down version of the OS dubbed the Android 10 Go Edition. The new OS will bring in many new features to the entry-level smartphones.
Android 10 Go: New Features Coming Your Way
1. The new version of Android Go Edition is made faster and secure for added security on smartphones with RAM configured at 1.5GB or less.
The faster Android 10 Go version will call for easy and speedier switch between multiple apps with a 10% increase in app launches as compared to Android 9 Go.
2. To makes entry-level smartphones more secure, Google has now introduced its encryption tech called Adiantum. Specially designed for budget smartphones, the new system will ensure efficient data encryption without taking a toll on device performance.
3. With Android 10 Go, Google has added improvements to the Google Go apps for new and better user experience.
This includes the new read-out-loud feature and Google Lens in the Google Go app, revamped YouTube Go app, and the new Gallery Go by Google Photos app.
4. Android 10 Go adds up to two times more storage and around 50% smaller app size. Furthermore, Android 10 Go introduces the Files app by Google, inbuilt data manager, and new security features.
5. Additionally, other third-party apps (mostly their ‘Lite-r’ versions) meant to work with entry-level smartphones are being improved.
Google’s Android Go Venture
If you still don’t know what Android Go is, you should know that Google (back in 2017) announced a toned-down variant of its OS so that budget smartphones with 1GB of RAM or less are able to perform as good as other smartphones in the market.
Around 1,600 Android Go smartphones have been launched in the last 18 months by various smartphone makers, priced at as low as just $27.
With Android Go’s new version and features, Google aims to add more smartphones to its Android Go venture so that more users start using one.