Putlocker used to be a piracy haven for those who wanted the latest movies and TV shows. In 2016, the original website was taken down, leaving its users looking for an alternative as duplicate Putlocker sites emerged. But, among all these illegal sources, there are several legal ways to stream movies and TV series online without paying anything.
Watch your favorite anime for free with Funimation's 14-day free trial
In this article, we go through several Putlocker alternatives where you can legally watch award-winning series and blockbuster movies on the go. All of the streaming sites we mention are free.
Table of contents
8 Best Putlocker Alternatives to watch free Movies & Series
Below, we mention a catalog of movie hubs where you can catch some memorable films and similar content. Each of these streaming platforms is available as Android and iOS apps and on the web via a browser. To help you choose, we have jotted down the pros and cons of each entry.
Also, these platforms are mostly available in the U.S., so if you are tuning in from another region and unable to access a particular website, try again with a VPN.
Crackle is a famous website for watching movies from various genres, including comedy, horror, sci-fi, action, etc. A special attribute of its array of content is that it is mostly uncut, so you get to see everything the director envisioned. Furthermore, a few top shows on Crackle are Seinfield, The Tick, and Firefly.
- Vast movie collection
- Satisfactory updated catalog
- User-friendly video player
- Uncut content
- Only available in the U. S.
Freevee, previously IMDb TV, is a free video streaming platform from Amazon. It is accessible as a part of the PrimeVideo service. Coming to genres, Freevee has a diverse platter ranging from action to comedy and from live-action to animation. The service also contains a host of original shows exclusive to it.
- A diverse but limited array of content
- Original shows such as Troppo, Alex Rider, Pretty Hard Cases, etc.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Long ads
- Requires an Amazon account (free)
- Available in the U. S. exclusively
MX Player is a top-rated streaming app currently only available in India. It offers an immense video library of movies, series, reality shows, and the like. This collection includes content from Hollywood, Bollywood, and more regional and international film industries. Also, you can watch K-shows and other non-Hindi content with Hindi voiceover. Plus, another useful feature is its live TV section.
- An endless and comprehensive array of content
- Hindi-dubbed movies and series
- Feature-rich video player
- Extra features such as Dark Mode and Kids Mode
- Long ads
- Only available in India as of now (expected to expand)
Whether it be a star-studded classic or an indie film, Popcornflix has it covered. This free streaming service features action flicks, comedy movies, documentaries, series, etc. Movies showcasing performances from fan-favorite stars such as Keanu Reeves and Jackie Chan are also available.
- It offers classic movies such as Lionheart
- Straightforward site layout
- Subtitles are present
- Clumsy user interface
- Basic navigation features are missing
Plex offers you a tempting 20K+ free video content collection, including movies and shows. The library includes movies starring celebrities such as Chris Evans, Elizabeth Olsen, Mads Mikkelsen, etc. You can also tune in to more than 250 live TV channels on the platform. Further, it also packs Tidal, which lets you listen to preview music clips from various artists.
- Countless hours of free movies
- Content featuring several A-list actors and actresses
- Movie ratings from various sources in the catalog
- Long ads
The Roku Channel has a plethora of video entertainment in movies, series, and even live TV channels. The categories encompass themes from drama to romance and everything in between. Some popular shows you can catch on Roku are Downtown Abbey, 2 Broke Girls, Peppa Pig, etc.
- Varied bouquet of content
- High-quality video streaming
- Seems to only work in the U. S.
The metaphorical shelf of Tubi is tightly occupied by a wide range of intriguing films from all around the world. While you can pump your adrenaline watching action flicks such as “A Dangerous Man,” you may also entertain your inner otaku by catching up on some “Pokemon the Series: Black & White.” There are movies from countries such as Spain, Ukraine, Mexico, China, etc.
- Movies from all over the world
- Great pool of content for indie movie enthusiasts
- English subtitles for many movies
- Optimized video player
- Not enough mainstream movies
- Many non-English voiceover movies don’t come with subtitles
Vudu is the home to movies featuring some of the biggest stars, including Nicolas Cage, Jason Statham, Samuel L. Jackson, and Emma Watson. Interestingly, the vastness of its collection starts from Hollywood movies such as “Home” to Korean flicks such as “Train To Busan.”
- A host of movies starring mainstream movie personalities
- Few latest hits are also available
- Acclaimed movies from around the world are available
- Only for the U. S. residents
- Need a free account to watch anything
At last, this is the point where we round up this list of Putlocker alternatives. Tell us in the comments section below if you think we missed out on any. For similar exhaustive lists on various tech topics, check out our dedicated section.